PPP Application Resources
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was created to offer affordable, low-interest loans to help American small businesses maintain payrolls and continue necessary payroll-related payments like rent and utilities in the face of the challenges created by the COVID-19 emergency.
What is PPP?
The Paycheck Protection Program is a program through the SBA that, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, provides loans to small businesses. Learn more about PPP, qualifications, and other commonly asked questions.Learn more
Start Your PPP Application
See below for tips on completing your application. You may want to keep this window open to refer to the information below for help while you work on your application.Get started
PPP Loan Forgiveness
PPP Loans made to eligible borrowers qualify for full loan forgiveness if certain criteria are met during the 8- to 24-week covered period following loan disbursement. Learn more and begin your forgiveness application.Learn more
Having trouble? Please watch this video with helpful tips to complete your application:
Tips for a speedy approval:
- Take your time to gather all necessary documentation – once you have submitted your application, you cannot edit it or add documents.
- In addition to what is requested in the portal, when uploading “Tax Filings” please also upload:
- Your business bank account statement from the most recent month as well as the period covering February 15th, 2020 as confirmation that your business was open AND
- Your personal tax returns (2019 is ok, 2020 is preferable even in draft form)
- [If applying for “Second Draw” – i.e. second PPP loan] You will need to enter your first PPP SBA loan number to get the right application form in the portal
- Be sure to fill out all required fields in the application including details of the 25% revenue reduction
- For payroll documents, the best option is to include your Form 940, otherwise, your W-3, and last resort would be all four quarterly 941s.
- 1099s do NOT count as payroll. Contractors can apply individually for PPP, but business owners cannot apply on behalf of their contractors. Only wage (W-2) employees count for payroll.
- Read carefully, enter/upload all required information, and make sure you have initialed and signed where required (e.g. 5&6 on the first page of the application need initials! And the excel loan calculator can be tricky – make sure to enter all required fields).
System & portal troubleshooting:
- The best browser to use is Google Chrome on a computer (rather than mobile device).
- After starting the application, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking to confirm your email address. Please check your junk or spam folder. You must follow the link in this email to proceed with your application.
Currently, Opportunity Fund does not lend to certain industries, including (but not limited to):
- Bars and Liquor Stores
- Cigarette, Tobacco, Marijuana Retailers or Smoke Shops
- Real Estate Investment or Development
- Gas Stations
- Car Dealerships
- Firearm sellers, merchants, retailers, wholesalers
- Gambling Institutions
- Other Nonprofit Organizations
- Other Finance and Trading Companies
We will be reviewing applications as soon as they are complete and submitted to us. We look forward to reviewing your applications! If you have questions, please email email@example.com.