Support Black Enterprises
Join Accion Opportunity Fund’s donor network, "In The Black: Bold Leaders for Black Enterprises," a network of dynamic people who believe in the power of inclusive entrepreneurship. An additional 6.1 million jobs a year and $13 trillion in business revenue could have been generated over the last two decades if Black entrepreneurs had fair and equitable access to credit.
In the Black: Bold Leaders for Black Enterprises
In 2020, Accion Opportunity Fund (AOF) launched “In the Black: Bold Leaders for Black Enterprises” (ITB), a network of dynamic people who bring the ideas, resources, and philanthropy that are necessary for Black-owned businesses to connect, expand, and grow. They support opportunities and address challenges faced by Black entrepreneurs to achieve equitable and just financial mobility.
Why Support Black Enterprises?
Bank Loans Issued
Only 23% of Black-owned firms receive bank financing, compared with 46% of white-owned firms.
Lack of access to capital hurts Black-owned businesses' profitability at three times the rate of other business owners.
Black Businesses Closed
Black business ownership fell 41% during COVID, compared to 22% of business ownership overall.
Join us! Become a Founding Supporter
- Friends of “In the Black” ($500-$1,000)– Recognition in the “In the Black” Annual Impact Report
- $5,000 Luminary Founding Supporter – Recognition in the “In the Black” Annual Impact Report and AOF Annual Report, plus Friends of “In the Black” recognition
- $25,000 Founding Supporter – Special recognition at inaugural “In the Black” activities and recognition in the “In the Black” Impact Report and AOF’s Annual Report, plus Luminary Founding Supporter recognition
- $50,000 Founding Supporter – Recognition as a lead sponsor at inaugural “In the Black” activities and recognition in the “In the Black” Annual Impact Report and AOF’s Annual Report, plus $25K Founding Supporter recognition
- $100,000 Founding Supporter – Inclusion in bi-annual CEO/Steering Committee Briefing on Black-Owned Businesses, recognition as a Lead sponsor at inaugural event and recognition in the “In the Black” Impact Report and AOF’s Annual Report, plus $50K Founding Supporter recognition
Become a Founding a Supporter at any level during 2022 and learn more about benefits of gifts above $100,000 by contacting Denise Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Your Support: Donate Today
If you want your donation to support ‘In the Black,’ please use the comment section in the form below. For further information, contact Denise Nelson, Regional VP, Development, email@example.com.
Your emailed donation receipt will come from Accion Opportunity Fund Community Development, a 501(c)3 nonprofit charity. Accion Opportunity Fund Community Development’s Tax ID Number is 31-1719434. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by U.S. law. Please save or print your receipt for your records.
Accion Opportunity Fund is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. We will not lend, sell, or rent your personal information to any third party. Your name, address, phone number, and credit card information will not be used outside of our organization. You may choose to remain an anonymous donor at any time. We subscribe and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Bill of Rights, which you may view online at www.afpnet.org.
“In the Black” Steering Committee
- Joni Cropper – Co-Chair
- Debra Engel – Co-Chair
- Juanita Lott – Co-Chair
- Todd Brantley
- Caretha Coleman
- Dee DiPietro
- Cathy Greenwold
- Judy Heyboer
- Sarah Hinkfuss
- Wende Hutton
- Marianne Jackson
- Colene McBeth Vort
- Eileen Nelson
- Diane Solinger
- Colby Verrett
If you need additional information about “In the Black” and their work, lease contact Denise Nelson, Regional VP at firstname.lastname@example.org.