Accion Opportunity Fund Community Development
Accion Opportunity Fund
October 25, 2023
Accion Opportunity Fund Community Development and Accion Opportunity Fund (collectively, “AOFCD” “we” or “us’’) offer small business loans to qualified small business owners in several states, including the State of California, and provide business development assistance and coaching. Loans originated by AOFCD are made in accordance with AOFCD’s credit criteria. AOFCD processes all applications for credit and manages the loans on an ongoing basis. AOFCD is a licensed California Finance Lender, a certified Community Development Financial Institution, and a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Scope and Applicability
This policy describes the personal information we gather, how we use and disclose information, and the steps to protect personal information. AOFCD is committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of all personal and sensitive information. By using AOFCD services, the individuals subject to this policy (“you” or “your”) understand and consent to the privacy practices described in this policy. The information third-party partners provide us with will be governed by this policy.
Information We Collect
AOFCDs collect personal information, such as contact information (e.g., name, email address, mailing address, and phone number), social security number, financial information (e.g., bank routing numbers and other billing information), demographic information (e.g., age, education, and geographic location), and preferences when our services are used by accessing our website, applying for a loan, using the services, or when sending customer service-related requests.
Automatically Collected Information
We may also automatically record certain information from various technologies, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This information may include IP addresses, device addresses (MAC Address), ID’s, web browser, device type, features of apps used, web pages or sites visited before or just after using the service, pages or other content viewed or interact with on the service, as well as the dates and times of visits, access, or use AOFCD services. AOFCD could also use technologies to collect information regarding interaction with email messages (whether messages were opened, clicked on, or forwarded). This information is gathered from all site users and all loan applicants and may be associated with personal information.
Third Party Web Beacons and Buttons
AOFCD may implement third-party content or advertising on services which could use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons. This content allows a third-party content provider to read and write cookies to a user’s browser, in connection with the user viewing third-party content on the service.
AOFCD may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that might allow third parties to collect your information through third parties’ browser cookies, even when users do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Other Sources:
We may obtain personal information from third parties and sources other than the service, such as our advertisers and partners (including through referrals of borrower applications). This information may include all personal information provided during the third-party application process. The information these other third-party partners provide us with will be governed by this policy.
If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information we collect through the service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in following this policy.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect on the service in a variety of ways, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all service features, to provide services and information requested, respond to comments and questions, or otherwise provide support to users.
- Analyze credit history, enable financial service partners to implement automatic payments and fund transfers, engage in collection activities as needed, and contact users regarding transactions and their accounts.
- Extending pre-approved credit offers to applicants.
- Understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users to improve services offered, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact users for administrative purposes, such as customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by AOFCD and by third parties who work with AOFCD. See the section below entitled “Choices” for information on opting out of receiving promotional communications.
- Personalizing our services, such as remembering information to ensure users will not have to re-enter it during subsequent visits to the service.
- Providing customized advertisements, content, and information.
- Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of services and third-party marketing activities. This could include using customer data for testing purposes. AOFCD will make every effort to redact certain pieces of Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) when third parties conduct testing with and for AOFCD.
- Monitoring aggregate site usage metrics, such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
- Tracking entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the services.
When We Disclose Information:
AOFCD will share personal information with third parties only in the ways we described in this policy. We may disclose information to third parties if we have been given consent to do so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- AOFCD works with numerous third parties who perform vital functions for internal operations, including credit bureaus, collection agencies, electronic payment service providers, customer support call centers, and other third-party service providers. We share information with these parties only to the extent necessary to process customer transactions or to perform other specific services, like collections or identity verification.
We work with third-party service providers who provide us